As the year comes to an end and you take stock of everything you’re grateful for, it is a great time to learn more about ways to give back to the community you live in. Pensacola has many amazing opportunities to volunteer. In this blog, we’ll take a quick look at 5 organizations that make a huge impact on the lifestyle in our area and ways you can get involved.
Give Back to Your Community
Formerly known as Keep Pensacola Beautiful, Our Corner is a nonprofit organization focused on beautification, education, and preservation. Citizens organize litter clean up events over 10 times a year. Donate your time or become a member to dedicate resources and take responsibility for preserving the natural beauty we enjoy together in Pensacola.
- When: Saturday, December 3rd from 10am to 12pm
- Where: Park West on Pensacola Beach
- Why: Keep our beach clean and protect marine life from pollution
Habitat for Humanity
Helping more than 39 million people in over 70 countries, Habitat for Humanity is a well-known organization that famously provides people with affordable and safe homes. Did you know that they do more than construction? Home repair, community revitalization, and disaster relief are a big part of ways advocates can contribute. Pensacola’s Habitat for Humanity is currently accepting supplies for Hurricane Ian disaster relief like bottled water, toothbrushes, and diapers.
- When: Monday-Friday between 7am and 3pm
- Where: Pensacola Habitat for Humanity Warehouse at 300 W. Leonard Street, Pensacola, FL 32501
- Why: Provide hurricane relief efforts to surrounding communities
Gulf Coast Kid’s House
Providing services for victims of child abuse in Escambia County and Santa Rosa County, lending your time, talent, or treasure is always appreciated at Gulf Coast Kid’s House. This center for child victims and their families provides legal and mental health services to minimize the impact of childhood trauma. They focus on a variety of child abuse prevention education and maintain an abuse hotline.
- When: Saturday, November 19, 2022 from 8am to 12pm
- Where: Gulf Coast Kid’s House at 3401 N. 12th Ave. Pensacola, FL 32503
- Why: Enjoy pancakes with Santa and a holiday market benefiting the Gulf Coast Kid’s House
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Children can realize their potential and build a better future thanks to Big Brothers Big Sisters. The goal of this organization is to nurture children and strengthen communities with help from mentors. You can volunteer your time or make a donation to help match a child with a mentor. They also host entertaining events all year that dedicate the proceeds to investing in a child’s future.
- When: Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 7pm
- Where: The Imogene Theater at 6866 Caroline St, Milton, FL 32570
- Why: Laugh and learn with storyteller Sean Dietrich benefitting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Florida
Pensacola Humane Society
As a no-kill animal shelter, the Pensacola Humane Society helps to rehome animals and educate the community about the value of spaying and neutering pets. There are many ways to help the cause from fostering cats and dogs to assisting with office duties and events. You can donate supplies or assist with the trap-neuter-return initiative by adding known cat colonies to the map on pensacolahumane.org. Best of all, you can adopt an animal in need of a home for National Adoption Day!
- When: Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 10am
- Where: Buick GMC Pensacola at 5651 Pensacola Blvd, Pensacola, FL 32505
- Why: Meet your new best friend with adoption fees waived during the National Adoption Day event
All of these nonprofit organizations in Pensacola do amazing work to improve our community. Make new friends, learn new skills, and have fun while making a difference by supporting groups like these.
Contact us today! Our agents are ready to help you to find your next home.